The First 48 Hours After A Fire Damage
The first 48 hours after a fire damage can make the difference between restoring versus replacing your property and personal belongings. SERVPRO of Palm Springs can help prevent fire damage from creating long-term problems. With extreme desert heat in summer, fire damages can happen suddenly and keeping a fire damage emergency kit in a place outside of home with essentials that may be needed is something we should all do.
What You Can Do Until Help Arrives:
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from spreading and additional damage from occurring.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs and high traffic areas and upholstery.
- Coat chrome faucets, trim and appliances with petroleum jelly or oil.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpet.
- Do not wash any walls or painted surfaces.
- Do not shampoo carpet or upholstery.
- Do not clean any electrical equipment.
- Do not sent clothing to a dry cleaner since improper cleaning may set smoke odor.
For any further questions on what to do after a fire damage please contact our SERVPRO of Palm Springs Office at (760)327-7700. Our office staff will gladly answer any questions you may have.