Power outage concerns
At SERVPRO of Palm Springs and Indian Wells we encounter a variety of clean-up situations.
In this picture we see a shot of a refrigerator at a residence where the power had gone out. Once the organic material comes to room temperature mold and decay set in. You can also experience pest infestation.
This home was a rental property and the incident was not reported until a resident in a neighboring unit complained of odor issues.
If you happen upon this scenario, Do NOT OPEN THE FRIDGE!!! This will break the seal and release a huge amount of off-gassing.
We typically shrink-wrap the unit, lay down protective covering on the floor, and dolly to a disposal vehicle.
Sometimes these units can be saved, but that service is cost-prohibitive.
Call SERVPRO, "Like it never even happened".