At SERVPRO of Indian Wells we often encounter fire clean-up during the course of our duties. This type of cleaning can be especially difficult as the flame creates a variety of issues. What burned? How hot? And how long? These three factors greatly contribute to whether or not we can restore the material in question.
This picture acts as a cautionary tale to leaving a candle unattended. The candle flame caught the adjacent material on fire and this spread to a limited area. Luckily. This type of damage is easier to clean as it usually pertains to simple wipe down and deodorization of the structure and contents.
If attempting to clean an area affected by fire do not wipe with anything wet as this can drive the surface residue into the material.