If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (760) 327-7700

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Candle Fire

12/8/2017 (Permalink)

Candle left unattended

At SERVPRO of Indian Wells we often encounter fire clean-up during the course of our duties. This type of cleaning can be especially difficult as the flame creates a variety of issues. What burned? How hot? And how long? These three factors greatly contribute to whether or not we can restore the material in question.

This picture acts as a cautionary tale to leaving a candle unattended. The candle flame caught the adjacent material on fire and this spread to a limited area. Luckily. This type of damage is easier to clean as it usually pertains to simple wipe down and deodorization of the structure and contents.

If attempting to clean an area affected by fire do not wipe with anything wet as this can drive the surface residue into the material.

Other News

View Recent Posts